WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your online browsing activities on our website including what items you store in your shopping bag;
- Your password;
- Your correspondence and communications with us.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
J Herron & Son LTD use your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To manage the account you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To contact you electronically about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
- To administer competitions and identify and contact competition winners;
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of your personal data.
We collect and use customers’ personal data:
- As necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering loyalty schemes);
- To administer competitions and promotions and identify and contact competition winners;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Good governance, accounting and managing and our operations and complying with our legal obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting our company, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us;
- Handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
J Herron & Son LTD is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data;
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- Regular planning to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- Internal policies setting out our data security rules for our personnel.
- Regular training for our employees.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data which is the aim of this Notice;
- The right to request access to personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- The right to prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- The certain rights in relation to automated decision-making processes including the right to object to profiling;
- The right to request that we erase or destroy your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them;
- The right to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that data transmitted to another data controller. This is known as the right to data portability.
If you have any queries or would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us via telephone on 01670 544 557 or email at email@example.com